Various - Ftarri Collection




This is a mind-blowing seven disc box-set released on Meenna in individually made felt bags at the end of last year. It consists of a selection of live recordings at various Ftarri festivals in Kyoto and Tokyo in 2008 and 2010. There were 300 released with 80 of them going to the artists involved.

To be honest, I may as well pack up and leave. I can't imagine posting anything else that is as good as this!

01: Opera Southern Cross / John Butcher, Toshimaru Nakamura and Tetuzi Akiyama / Otomo Yoshihide, Toshimaru Nakamura and Ryu Hankil

02: Noid, Kai Fagaschinski, Axel Dörner and Taku Unami / Eddie Prévost and Sachiko M

03: Gnu / Ami Yoshida / Tim Olive, Anthony Guerra and Makoto Oshiro

04: Los Glissandinos / Bunsho Nishikawa, Tim Olive and Haco / Katsura Yamauchi, Ko Ishikawa and Tetsu Saitoh

05: Naoaki Miyamoto / Chie Mukai and Tetragrammaton

06: Chihei Hatakeyama and Kiyoshi Mizutani / Hello

07: Seiichi Yamamoto and Umeda Tetsuya / VOIMA / Tetuzi Akiyama, Utah Kawasaki and Katsura Yamauchi

11 comments:

Steffen 26 July 2014 at 03:16  

Your blog is realy great. Without it, I would never have the chance to hear this stuff. Thank you very much.

Anonymous,  27 July 2014 at 18:04  

wow so massive. heaping hug from russia to bleakblissed

otaia,  27 July 2014 at 20:50  

oh sweet abraham. you beauty!

cerberus,  27 July 2014 at 22:28  

thank you so much...i followed the IMJ stuff avidly for a few years but the austerity of it began to get to me (discovered Gnod and the Cosmic Dead among others and cleansed my senses) so i'm intrigued by the Ftarri stuff which is apparently an even more austere follow on from IMJ! Can't wait. I'll call back if my senses allow.

Anonymous,  30 July 2014 at 18:17  

Caligari:
5 6 7
are my own favourite ones

badgerstump 24 October 2014 at 18:18  

You are more than welcome!

Lakshmi 2 July 2017 at 16:36  

Hey,

Is that possible to re-up this collection?

Thaks you so much,

Vincent Leclercq

badgerstump 2 July 2017 at 17:18  

I've got your previous request as well ... tbh, I should have thought of both for the last re-up ... email me a list and they will reappear eventually.

Unknown 22 May 2018 at 09:32  

Oh, I would love to see a re-up of this. What an amazing box!